Monday, April 8, 2013

John DuPree, EPA wood stove expert, dead at 48

John DuPree, the lead compliance officer at EPA for wood stoves, tragically died on Thursday, April 4. He was 48.  John had worked on the wood stove program for about 8 years and was  widely admired and respected by industry leaders.  Chris Neufeld, a Vice President at Blaze King, who attended the funeral in Alexandria, Virginia, recalled how John understood the nuances of stove manufacturers.  John was the one who issued certification papers after stoves were tested at EPA accredited test labs.  And he was also the one who would conduct unannounced spot checks on stove factories, to ensure that manufacturers were complying with record keeping and other requirements.  John had just volunteered to serve on a Task Force that the Alliance for Green Heat had initiated to help integrate wood stoves into home energy audits.



5 comments:

  1. Mr. Dupree will be greatly missed by all who knew him and had the pleasure of working with him. I know this is truly a said day in my life to loose such a great man who believed in helping everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you have passed! I am heartbroken. You were such an amazing friend. You never let me give up, and always encouraged me to push on. The kindest and most brilliant human being I have ever known. I feel blessed that you were my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love You J.D. & I will surely miss u & continue 2 hold u 4ever in my heart!!! R.I.P. my dear friend:-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. John was a great human being. He always had encouraging words to say and helped many in need. I will cherish for ever his frienship and smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. John was good man. He was my neighbor and a friend. He loved, honored and continued his late father's and his mother's mission as the "CEO/CFO" of the Shiloh of Alexandria Federal Credit Union - an institution dedicated to providing much needed loans to African Americans residing in poor communities in Alexandria, Va. who could not obtain credit elsewhere.
    He was a good son.

    My condolences to his family - including his fiancée - and his church family.

    He is missed.

    May God rest your soul, my brother.

    ReplyDelete